The Texas Innovation Corridor has become a magnet for growing companies because of its prosperous economic environment and region’s vast talent pool. From 2010 to 2020, Hays County experienced more than a 40% increase in jobs (CHMURA Economics & Analytics, JobsEQ).
The Greater San Marcos Partnership (GSMP) is a nationally recognized economic development organization whose mission is to positively impact the regional economy of Hays and Caldwell Counties through the attraction of high quality jobs and investment. Available positions within our company are listed below.
The purpose of this position is to support the business retention & expansion and workforce development function of the Greater San Marcos Partnership through the execution of specific programs and projects. The position is one of high visibility requiring extensive relationship-building, data-recording and problem-solving. This position should ensure that businesses in the region have the capability to grow, expand and access the resources and tools needed whether that is capital, workforce, technology, knowledge and skills or general support.
· Local and regional business retention and expansion efforts, including coordinating the work of our regional partners to ensure BRE processes are standardized, and reporting is systematic and regular.
· Small business development support, including programs, grants, and projects to support the growth and development of the small business sector.
· GSMP’s 1Million Cups/Greater SMTX representation and participation.
· Keeping the “Business Resources” area of GSMP website updated with current information.
· Assist with local and regional events such as the Education-Workforce Summit, Global Entrepreneurship Week, CREW Fair, business webinars/workshops and other events to be determined.
· Support Vision 2025 efforts including meeting notes, task force research and outcomes.
· High School & Young Professional Entrepreneurism programming, such as Berkeley Business Academy or San Marcos Jaycees, etc.
· Plan and conduct BRE visits with primary and targeted employers. Provide assistance to businesses resulting from visits.
· Respond to inquiries from all businesses by providing direct assistance and/or offering information and referral.
· Work with BRE Director and Sr. Director to develop work plans and timelines.
· Meet bi-monthly with BRE staff from our EDO partners to share, provide support and coordination of processes.
· Develop and facilitate committees and task forces as needed to deliver assigned programs and projects.
· Plan and execute learning events (live or virtual) to support business development.
· Ensure appropriate communications and marketing are initiated from GSMP to bring visibility to programs and projects.
· Conduct outreach to community leaders and organizations to create connections and build valuable working relationships. Examples are key personnel at Workforce Solutions RCA, the SBDC and the City of San Marcos.
· Attend relevant community events to establish positive working relationships and organizational visibility.
· Establish target metrics for programs, deliver and report progress periodically. Prepare and submit monthly BRE reports to the Austin Chamber of Commerce and other entities as directed.
· Ensure data is captured accurately and in a timely manner in HubSpot.
· Regularly assist with and attend GSMMA (Greater San Marcos Manufacturing Assn) meetings.
· Participate in regular professional development and team activities.
· Other duties as may be assigned or to assist team members.
Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or equivalent education and experience. At least three years’ work experience preferably in program development and delivery and/or economic development.
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Barbara Thomason at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are some of our partner organizations who have ongoing job opportunities available.
If you want to broaden your search, check out the tool below. Utilizing the power of LinkedIn you can easily target your search to find the latest employment opportunities in our region of Texas.